December 1st, 2nd and 3rd
FUTURES BRACKET - U6 AND U7
Awards and Format
First and second place medal for all groups
Champions get a team CUP
3 games guaranteed: 11v11 games (30 minute halves)
7v7 and 9v9 (25 minute halves)
3 Referee system for all full sided games
$150 Registration fee
Teams pay referee fees
SJSL Winter Cup Contact
For more information contact:
Mike Bonanno, SJSL Winter Cup Committee at [email protected]
Rules and Regulations
All tournament games will be played in accordance with the LAWS OF THE GAME as issued by FIFA except as modified, superseded, or supplemented by these "RULES AND REGULATIONS" as set forth by the SJSL Winter Cup Committee.
RULE 1 -- TEAM ROSTER
- An official state roster must be submitted at the time of registration. A maximum of three (3) guest players will be allowed. Teams playing 11 v. 11 and electing to use guest players will be allowed a maximum of 18 players. Teams playing 7 v. 7 or 9v.9 will be allowed (3) guest players and a maximum of 14 players on 7v7 and 16 players for 9v9.
- A player can play on multiple teams ONLY if those teams are in different age brackets. A player cannot play on multiple teams in the same age bracket as this will affect the outcome of standings.
- All teams must be with an approved club of their Governing State Youth Soccer Association.
- All roster changes must be made at the time of registration. Rosters will be frozen after registration. All players must have a valid player pass from their Governing State Youth Soccer Organization, which must be presented to the Tournament Committee at the time of registration. Passes must be available for inspection by the referee prior to the start of each game. Recreation Players must have their roster signed by a Club Representative.
- Any team fielding an ineligible player will be disqualified from the tournament. All games in which an ineligible player participates will be forfeited.
RULE 2 -- FIELDS AND SIDELINES
- The size of the field will be whatever the physical arrangements permit.
- Coaches and players from both teams will share the same side of the field, on opposite sides of the midfield line. Only authorized team members, coaches, trainers and tournament staff are allowed in the team area during matches. All personnel must remain between the 18-yard lines. No coaching is allowed from within the 18-yard lines.
- All spectators will take up a position on the opposite side of the field during the time that the match is in progress. Spectators are not allowed in the player areas or behind goals. No coach, player, or team supporter will be allowed within 18 yards of the goal line.
RULE 3 -- PLAYER EQUIPMENT
- Teams must wear uniforms with individual numbers on the back of the shirt. Uniform numbers must coincide with the listing on the team's official approved roster.
- All teams must also have an alternate uniform in the case of similar uniform colors. Where uniform colors are similar or identical, the designated home team (team listed first on the game schedule) will change to an alternate shirt color.
- All players must wear shin guards. No shin guards, No play!
- No jewelry will be worn by players (earrings, watches, necklaces, combs, metal barrettes, etc. Also, any other body piercing containing jewelry is prohibited.).
- Eyeglasses should be either sports-goggle type or made of safety glass or plastic and must be held in place with some type of elastic band. Orthopedic or other casts must be wrapped with soft foam padding. It will be at the referee's discretion to determine the safety and suitability of player equipment. The referee's decision is final.
- No metal cleats are permitted. Screw-on cleats must be inspected by the referee, prior to the match, for exposed areas.
RULE 4 -- AGE BRACKETS AND BALL SIZES
As posted on New Jersey Youth Soccer website. U17-U19 January 1, 2005-December 31, 2007
U16 January 1, 2008-December 31, 2008
U15 January 1, 2009-December 31, 2009
U14 January 1, 2010-December 31, 2010
U13 January 1, 2011-December 31, 2011
U12 January 1, 2012-December 31, 2012
U11 January 1, 2013-December 31, 2013
U10 January 1, 2014-December 31, 2014
U09 January 1, 2015-December 31, 2015
U08 January 1, 2016-December 31, 2016
Age Bracket Division Ball Size
U-8 thru U-12 Size 4
U-13 and up Size 5
RULE 5 -- REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS NEEDED
All teams must provide a copy of their current roster (which is not returned). All teams must be paid in full prior to registration.
Any team with mixed age players must play in the oldest applicable age bracket. It is a coach's responsibility to ensure that his/her team is entered in the correct age grouping. Teams found to have an illegal player will be disqualified from the tournament and any games played will be forfeited without refund.
Each team must be represented at registration prior to the start of the tournament/first game. Check in date will be announced later. Usually the Wednesday before the tournament begins.
Every team will be expected to check in at this time, unless arrangements are made with the tournament directors or are eligible for electronic check in. Teams traveling more than 45 miles have the option to check in on game day by contacting the tournament director prior to check in/registration night. Teams checking in before their first game will need to go to the main tent to check in.
Any team failing to appear for check-in will be disqualified from the competition and will forfeit all registration fees.
The following documents must be provided during registration:
- Any changes to the roster (guest players- subject to limitations) must be noted on the roster that is submitted.
- Player Passes for all players (including guest players) - must be current year passes.
- If balance - you must have payment, please make checks payable to SJSL.
- Team must be registered paid in full by November 19th
- Forms listed above must be in PDF format
- Player pass copies must be front and back.
- All electronic registrations must be sent in prior to December 1st.
RULE 6 -- SUBSTITUTIONSSubstitutions shall be unlimited and may be made at the discretion of the referee.
RULE 7 -- LENGTH OF GAMES
The length of games for each division is listed below. Half time will be five (5) minutes.• During qualifying rounds, the clock shall be a running clock and will not be stopped for other than a serious injury. Red carded players are not allowed to be substituted and the player who received the red card is disqualified from the remainder of that match plus the entire next immediate match, including play-offs and finals. If a play is stopped for an injured player who is then attended to by the coach, the player must exit the field (except the goalkeeper) and may be replaced by a substitute player. • NOTE: The Winter Cup Committee reserves the right to alter game lengths as needed. 7 v.7 and 9 v.9 Small Sided Games - Twenty-Five (25) minute halves 11 v. 11 Games - Thirty (30) minute halves
RULE 8 -- Player Initiative rule changesBuild out line: Will be used for all 7v7 games: When the goal keeper has the ball, either during play from the opponent, or from a goal kick, the opposing team must move behind the build out line. Once the opposing team is behind the build out line, the goalkeeper may pass, roll, or throw the ball to a teammate. Punting is not allowed for 7v7 games. Once the ball is played by goalkeeper the opposing team may cross the build out line and play resumes as normal Headers (U11 and younger): Heading the ball for players in the U11 and younger age groups is not permitted. If a U11 or younger player deliberately head the ball, it will be considered a dangerous play. Play will be called and will result in immediate stoppage of play. If this occurs the opposing team will be awarded an indirect kick. Referee discretion is always final. GK Punting: Age groups in the U11 and younger - no punting is allowed. Must utilize build out line. Age groups who are U11 and younger age group must follow the Punting Rule: An indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team at the CENTER SPOT on the halfway line if a goalkeeper punts or drop-kicks the ball from his/her penalty area and it lands in the air in the opponents' penalty area. If the ball goes directly into the goal or bounces into the goal in violation of this rule, no goal is awarded, and the ball is returned for an indirect kick as above.
RULE 9 -- REFEREES
The Tournament Committee has made a commitment to use current registered USSF referees.
RULE 10 -- FORFEITS
Forfeits will be declared a 1-0 loss. A game will be declared a forfeit if one, or both, teams scheduled to play fail to field a playable team within a ten (10) minute grace period of the scheduled starting time. If a previous game runs past the next scheduled starting time, the grace period will commence at the conclusion of the earlier game. Seven (7) players, including a goal keeper, will constitute a playable team 11 v. 11 and Six (6) players, including a goal keeper will constitute a playable team in 7v7 or 9v9. If the minimum number of players is present, the start time of the game will not be delayed for any reason. In the event of a double forfeit, each team will be charged with a loss. Additionally, a game will be declared a forfeit if a team plays an ineligible player (SEE RULE 1).
RULE 11 -- SCORING, STANDINGS and Tie Breakers
Points will be awarded as follows:
- Three (3) points are awarded for each win
- One (1) point for a tie
- Zero (0) points for a loss
- 1 (one) point will be subtracted for each red card issued to a player, team coach or bench.
MERCY RULE: In the spirit of good sportsmanship, there is a goal differential allowed per game of six (6) goals. ANY TEAM SCORING MORE THAN A 6 DIFFERENTIAL WILL FORFEIT THAT GAME AND SCORE WILL BE MARKED AS A 1-0 LOSS FOR THE TEAM SCORING MORE THAN THE 6 GOAL DIFFERENTIAL.
NOTE: Bonus points are calculated separately and will be used to break ties in standings only in the qualifying rounds.
Standings -- prior to the playoff round(s), the standings will be based on the total points for wins and ties.Tie Breakers
- If 3 teams are tied, this first tie breaker rules will be to eliminate 1 of the 3 teams from tie breaker.
- The following tie-breaking procedure will be used when teams are tied based upon total points for wins & losses:
RULE 12 - TIE BREAKER FOR PLAYOFF GAMES
See Above for tie breaker rules.
RULE 13 -- PROTESTS AND GRIEVANCES
No protests will be allowed.
RULE 14 -- CONDUCT
All coaches, players and spectator will be expected to exhibit good sportsmanship. Coaches will be responsible for the behavior of their team's spectators and are asked to stress the importance of maintaining the highest standards of sportsmanship. Please refer to the Deptford Soccer Code of Conduct on our website as a reference (www.deptfordsoccer.net). Please forward to your team's parents and fans. Any fan ejected from a game will be required to leave the grass playing areas and will not be allowed to attend any subsequent games. Referees will not restart the game until the ejected spectator has left the grass playing areas.
RULE 15 -- WEATHER
Regardless of weather, all coaches and players will report to their game site at the appropriate time unless notified by the Winter Cup Committee. Failure to appear will result in forfeiture of the match. All games will take place unless the Tournament Committee (or, after the start of the game, the referee) determines that the playing conditions are hazardous to the players. If a game is suspended with twenty minutes (20) or more played, the game will be considered complete and the score at the time that play is suspended will be official. The Tournament Committee will attempt to reschedule games that are suspended with less than twenty minutes (20) played. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to determine whether a game is to be rescheduled. Games terminated (with less than 20 minutes played) and canceled games which cannot be rescheduled, will be declared a 0-0 tie by the Tournament Committee, regardless of the score at the time of termination.
RULE 16 -- TOURNAMENT CANCELLATION POLICY
SJSL will refund a minimum of 70% of a team entry fee if the tournament is canceled for any reason before the start of the tournament. The reason for cancelation might include weather, field usage, or sponsoring organization management decision. If the Winter Cup is postponed or rescheduled, a new permission to host agreement must be submitted to NJYS and all teams that applied to the original date must be given the opportunity to withdraw from the revised date of the Winter Cup with a full refund of their entry fee.
Rule 17 - PETS
NO PETS WILL BE ALLOWED! The only exception is those animals being used as service dogs.
RULE 18 -- MISCELLANEOUS
- In the spirit of sportsmanship, at the conclusion of every game, each team will meet to shake hands.
- Exchange of patches is not required. Coaches should discuss prior to the game if they wish to exchange patches. and exchange team patches.
- No refunds will be given to a team who withdraws after acceptances for the tournament have been e- mailed to the team contact.
- All teams must report to the field coordinator fifteen minutes (15) prior to the start of each game.
- Each team will be responsible for medical insurance coverage and treatment for each of its players. Each coach must have Proof of medical insurance and copies of the Medical Release Forms at the time of registration. Each team, its players, parents and other supporters participating in this tournament and all related events do so at their own risk. Neither the Deptford Soccer Association, nor the Tournament Committee, nor any of their members will be responsible for any injuries incurred as a result of any tournament activities.
- First and second place awards for all 7v7, 9v9, and 11v11 Divisions will be awarded at the conclusion of each championship game (or round robin division where applicable).
- Neither, the Deptford Soccer Association, nor the Tournament Committee, nor any of their members will be responsible for any expenses incurred by any team if the tournament is canceled in whole or in part.
- Situations and/or issues not covered by these RULES AND REGULATIONS, which occur prior to or during the tournament, may be brought to the attention of the Tournament Director by the manager or coach of any registered team. The Tournament Director will meet with the Tournament Committee to evaluate the situation and/or issue and will decide as expeditiously as possible. Decision of the Tournament Director in all matters will be final.
- Please Park in designated areas. Smoking is prohibited on all fields.
- The Tournament Director has final say in all decisions and his/her interpretation of these rules is final.
- Games may be moved or shortened due to major delays causing non-lighted fields into darkness.
- Although this is a competitive tournament, we wish all the coaches, players, and spectators to show respect and sportsmanship to all fellow teams.
- Coaches, players and Spectators will be removed for behavior deemed inappropriate but the Tournament Committee, marshals or director.
- If a person is asked to leave and doesn't leave or delays his or her removal from the playing field, the team will incur a forfeit.
- No Punting
- No headers
- No build out line enforced
- If teams want to play build out line that's fine
- Encourage the build out line
- No Offside
- Throw ins - give second change throw ins if not done properly
- Corner Kicks
- Substitutions on anything
- Refs to teach and help the players
- Refs will help set up players
- While we don't encourage coaches to be on the field.
- U6 =
- 2 -- 20 - minute halves
- Playing 7v7 (6 plus keeper)
- U7 =
- Playing 7v7 (6 plus keeper)
- 2 - 25 minute halves
- All players must have shin guards and cleats
- Mercy rule of 6 -- but we do not keep score
- Handshake after game
- Patches exchanged -- team decision
- Refs will be 2 ref system
- Ref fees - $20.00 per team / per game