Club Pass Policy & Request Form
Club Pass Policy
For the Fall 2020 SJSL season, the league will allow the use of Club Pass players as a pilot program.
The SJSL Club Pass Policy replaces the guest player system previously used. Please do not submit guest player requests because they will not be honored. Club Pass players (hereinafter “CP”) will constitute a small pool of predesignated players that a team may use to fill out their roster, either as needed or on a more full-time basis. The intent of this policy is not to provide a way for teams to stretch low player numbers. Rather, it is a program to allow clubs to give players additional touches in game situations and also to provide teams that utilize CP Players a bit of continuity among their players.
The following rules apply to the Club Pass Player policy:
- Club Pass request forms should be submitted to the league using the Club Pass Request Form posted on the league website, no later than September 9, 2020, the Wednesday prior to the scheduled date for Round 1 of the season. ALL requests must be filed either by the Club Rep, Alt Club Rep or the Club President. Requests filed by team coaches will not be considered.
Requests made after September 9 th will not be eligible for Round 1 and may take up to ninety-six (96) hours to be processed. Requests during the season should ideally be made no later than the Wednesday before the first Sunday game that you are seeking to include CP players. CP players may not play until the request is approved and the CP appears on the GDR.
- Requests may be made to add new CP players and/or to remove/modify the players listed.
- Teams must have enough players on a roster to field a team before applying for CP.
- All players sought to be added as CP players must play for that same club, playing on another team playing in the SJSL for that same season.
- The players should be added to the team’s Primary Player List as CP players. The Fall 2020Event Roster is locked during the regular season. If approved, the league will add the player(s)to the team’s event roster.
- The league will not make any additional concessions for game rescheduling based onanticipated CP use.
- Teams may add to their Fall 2020 Event Roster a maximum of 3 CP players at any one time for each small sided team (U8-U12) and a maximum of 4 CP players for full sided teams (U13- U19).
- When completing the request form, the Club Reps will need to state what teams the players are rostered to primarily and which team they will be Club Passed to. Players may NOT be assigned to more than two teams, one primary and one CP.
- Players listed as a CP for a team are not permitted to participate in SJ CUP. Only primarily rostered players are eligible to compete in the Cup. This follows the same guidelines as the rule prohibiting guest players from being used in SJ CUP.
- Any team found to be using CP players or sending CP players to another team without properpermission will be subject to sanctions, including, but not limited to the following: fine, forfeit,staff sanctions, player sanctions.
- CP players are valid for the one season. Club Reps must submit new CP requests to theleague for each new season.
- Teams found in violation of the CP policy shall be prohibited from using CP for that season.Clubs found to have more than one team in violation of the CP policy will lead to the club and/orthe team’s removal from the CP program.
- CP players must wear a matching uniform for the team they are playing with. If there is aduplicate jersey number, the coach may take steps to correct this, but having the CP playerwearing a duplicate uniform number will not preclude that player from participating in thematch.
- CP may play under the following age guidelines:
a) CP players may play up on an older aged team as long as the request conforms to theleague’s Playing Up rules. See R. 3005.
b) Players who are primary carded to an older team, may be included as CP players for anage appropriate team.
- The flight number of the CP player’s primary team will have no bearing on the approval ofthe request. The league will review all requests for abuse of the intent behind the policy.
- In the event that a CP player is not going to play in a particular game, the player must be crossed off of the GDR for that game – just like if a regular player is not playing in that game.
The above rules are subject to revision by the SJSL Exec Board and will be posted here.